Scenario: Drupal 8 core with multiple languages enabled + language prefixes added for every language

Few problems:

  1. Going to admin/reports/status and clicking on the link "database update script" under database updates, results in a page not found (Drupal goes to /language_prefix/update.php
  2. Go to /update.php manually and click continue. This goes well. However, when proceeding and clicking on "Apply pending updates" a page not found is displayed again (URL at this point: "/language_prefix/update.php/run"
  3. . Again, manually removing the language prefix results in the updates being executed properly

Maybe this is related to https://www.drupal.org/node/1433996 ?

As mentioned in comment #4, I have changed the priority to major for the following reasons:

  • Although the impact is very isolated (only the update page is affected) and you can easily workaround by manually re-enter the URL, this bug is affecting every multilingual D8 site - maybe except those, who don't assign a language prefix to their site default language. But for sure, that are still a lot
  • for PR reasons: the improved multilingual capabilities are mentioned as one of the major improvements of D8 on many places, like here: https://www.drupal.org/drupal-8.0 -> this is one of the small, but embarrassing bugs, that can be easily avoided
  • Fixing it only affords two or three lines of code, that obviously have no impact on other places, as it only affects a hook_requirements() implementation, as well as the update controller
Files: 
CommentFileSizeAuthor
#4 2607156-4.patch2.01 KBagoradesign

Comments

vollepeer created an issue. See original summary.

vollepeer’s picture

Issue summary: View changes
agoradesign’s picture

I can confirm this issue, having the same problems on our D8 multilingual sites. I'll try the patch from #1433996: update.php doesn't work when Drupal is installed in a subfolder and RewriteBase is used and report back.

agoradesign’s picture

Priority: Normal » Major
Status: Active » Needs review
Issue tags: +D8MI
FileSize
2.01 KB

I've tested the patch, it's not related. But I was debugging a little bit and created a patch by myself.

I've changed the priority to major for the following reasons:

  • Although the impact is very isolated (only the update page is affected) and you can easily workaround by manually re-enter the URL, this bug is affecting every multilingual D8 site - maybe except those, who don't assign a language prefix to their site default language. But for sure, that are still a lot
  • for PR reasons: the improved multilingual capabilities are mentioned as one of the major improvements of D8 on many places, like here: https://www.drupal.org/drupal-8.0 -> this is one of the small, but embarrassing bugs, that can be easily avoided
  • Fixing it only affords two or three lines of code, that obviously have no impact on other places, as it only affects a hook_requirements() implementation, as well as the update controller

Priority "critical" would be inappropriate, but I do hope that this patch will land in 8.0 regardless of that, for the reasons listed above...

agoradesign’s picture

Issue summary: View changes
Gábor Hojtsy’s picture

Status: Needs review » Closed (duplicate)
Issue tags: +language-base

Closing #2616164: /update.php/run URL is generated with language prefix and returns 404 error which may be a bit less researched, it has more people on it :) Please join efforts :) There also seem to be a shorter fix there.