Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Scenario: Drupal 8 core with multiple languages enabled + language prefixes added for every language
- Going to admin/reports/status and clicking on the link "database update script" under database updates, results in a page not found (Drupal goes to /language_prefix/update.php
- Go to /update.php manually and click continue. This goes well. However, when proceeding and clicking on "Apply pending updates" a page not found is displayed again (URL at this point: "/language_prefix/update.php/run"
. Again, manually removing the language prefix results in the updates being executed properly
Maybe this is related to https://www.drupal.org/node/1433996 ?
As mentioned in comment #4, I have changed the priority to major for the following reasons:
- Although the impact is very isolated (only the update page is affected) and you can easily workaround by manually re-enter the URL, this bug is affecting every multilingual D8 site - maybe except those, who don't assign a language prefix to their site default language. But for sure, that are still a lot
- for PR reasons: the improved multilingual capabilities are mentioned as one of the major improvements of D8 on many places, like here: https://www.drupal.org/drupal-8.0 -> this is one of the small, but embarrassing bugs, that can be easily avoided
- Fixing it only affords two or three lines of code, that obviously have no impact on other places, as it only affects a hook_requirements() implementation, as well as the update controller