This section includes information regarding resources for internationalization (apart from translation).
Right to left support
If you want a website with right-to-left text direction, you'll need a theme which supports this, like the core theme Garland for 6.x, or Garland BIDI for 5.x. For more RTL themes, look at the theme download page.
Other internationalization challenges
There are numerous other challenges when creating websites for a specific part of the world or language group, like date formats, alphabetic sort of special characters, currencies, and tax calculations. See the links below for places to look for more information, and please add a sub page if you have something to share.
- Localization API (translation and localization information for developers)
- Translation support forum
- List of support sites in various languages
- groups.drupal.org - Internationalization (for content translation and other internationalization issues)
- groups.drupal.org - Translation (for interface translation)
- Translation mailing list
- groups.drupal.org - Various groups for specific geographical areas (some groups for specific languages are listed under "Working groups", not "Geographical")