I just installed Drupal. All is working fine. I am getting a wonderful site. Thanks Drupal.

But I just have 2 problems, probably related to internationalization, but I have no idea how to fix it.

The first error, appear when I click on the Yellow button (rss feed) on forum thread, I have the following message:

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in /public_html/goldandleads.net/modules/node/node.module on line 1679

The second error appear when I am doing a manual cron job:

recoverable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in public_html/goldandleads.net/modules/node/node.module on line 1804

Thank you for your help.


rgracia’s picture

I am having the same issue although my site is not published yet. I am torn between using release 6.2 or just choosing 5 as a lot more modules have been tested and available for that version. I know the community wants us to adopt the new version as soon as possible, but I wonder what is the solution.

The product is great and with some additional modules provides all I need for the project I am working on. These sort of errors do scare me a bit as sometimes I have no idea how to troubleshoot them and worse still, I don't know how they affect the overal performance of Drupal in a production environment.

I am keeping an eye on this post as well as for the time being this error along with a search error I posted about separately (http://drupal.org/node/246139) are the critical issues I have right now before I try implementing Drupal for my organization.

thomasmind’s picture

I take a look on your issue thread, and noticed someone who asked your if you used URL aliases.

I just want to let you know that I am using URL aliases, and I am using also the PathAuto module. But the problem was there before I installed this module.

I was using also the String Overides module. I desactivated it to test if it was a cause of the issue. This changed nothing.

gresda’s picture

I had the same error, in the same line, and I tried to deactivate some modules.

I started by SImpleMenu: same error with cron
I continued with all YUI modules : no error running cron.

I decided to reactivate all YUI modules: always no issues !
Once SimpleMenu reactivated, always no problems with run-cron..... so I don't understand why deactivate & reactivate those modules solve this issue, but it's a fact :))


telemachus’s picture

Got the same message running cron manually. Running cron for a second time
showed no errors.

rgracia’s picture

Well I got fed up waiting for a proper resolution to be posted (that did not involve hacking core) so I reverted to Drupal 5.7 instead. I have managed to "almost" finish my company's web site and have found version 5.7 to be extremely reliable and stable. If any of you have a deadline or pressure to deploy a site with 6, I would strongly suggest to stick to 5.7 for now. The availability of module upgrades has been extremely slow.

thomas23@drupal.org’s picture

If anyone has I18n installed (multilang poll enabled) you might want to take a look: #254022: Fatal error when enabling the multilingual poll module and accessing /rss.xml.

davinchi’s picture

My solution:

in modules/node/node.module 1679 line:
change it: if (isset($element['namespace'])) {
to: if (isset($element->namespace)) {

in /includes/coomon.inc 956 line:
change it: if ($value['key']) {
to: if ($value->key) {

for me work