The cod_schedule view is restricted by default to keep the schedule private while organizers are still working on it. It doesn't display anything until Rooms and Timeslots are created, and Sessions are assigned to Timeslots.
- Use the admin bar to navigate to the Conferences page and then select "Manage Conference" to reach the Event Dashboard for the appropriate conference.
- From the Scheduler tab, create Rooms and Times for your conference. These will be the framework for your schedule.
- Timeslots (not to be confused with Times), are the container for sessions and schedule items. Timeslots are not generated automatically because not all rooms will be active at all times. You will need to create Timeslots. To do this using the Room/Timeslot Scheduler, locate the arrow at the intersection of each time and room combination that you wish to activate and select "Add timeslot". You may restrict a Timeslot to Session or Schedule Items (this is especially useful for limiting user generated BoF sessions).
- Once Timeslots have been created, you can assign Sessions and/or Schedule Items. Accepted, unscheduled Sessions may be dragged from the right hand column and dropped into an appropriate Timeslot (as of COD Beta 6). If no Timeslot exists, one will be automatically created.
- When you are happy with the schedule, change the view access restriction accordingly.
Sessions and Schedule Items are different content types. A Schedule Item is something like lunch, that doesn't have a presenter or track, but needs to be assigned a room and time slot. Sessions could be anything from a training or workshop to a traditional presentation.
Sessions and schedule items can be assigned to multiple rooms. Assign an item to all rooms for it span the width of the schedule grid and indicate there are not other sessions planned during that time (e.g. Registration).
Sessions and Schedule Items need to have a Room and Timeslot assigned to them to appear in the schedule, as well as be Accepted and Published.
See Jakob Perry's video tutorial for a step-by-step schedule management walk through using COD Beta 6.