Content language detection settings are occasionally reverted to default during modules install/uninstall. I think that this also happens in some other cases but I can't pin down exact conditions.

This forces admins to set up language detection settings every time a module is installed or uninstalled (or some other yet-unidentified-behind-the-scenes-thing happen). Very frustrating. Combined with #2189267: When content language detection is different from interface language detection, the detected language is not applied to the rendered content makes content translation barely usable.

Comments

cilefen’s picture

I am going over old Major issues. Could someone familiar with content translation check if this is still an issue? If it is, try to figure out how to reproduce it and add the steps to reproduce to the issue summary.

matsbla’s picture

I tested this and I can't reproduce:

- I changed the "Interface text language detection"
- I enabled all modules in D8 core
- "Interface text language detection" was the same as before i enabled the modules.
- I uninstalled almost all modules.
- "Interface text language detection" was the same as before i uninstalled the modules.

steelsector’s picture

I tested this and I can reproduce:
- Installed Content Translation module which installed language module
- admin/config/regional/language/detection turn on Content language detection
- configured url path prefix set en to uk
- installed actions, looks good
- uninstall actions, content language detection checkbox was turned off

stefan.r’s picture

legolasbo’s picture

I was unable to reproduce the issue using the steps described in #3.

yobottehg’s picture

I was not able to reproduce this with the steps in #3 but i encountered this issue multiple times on some projects i'm working on.

This issue clearly exists but i can't narrow it down to steps.

steelsector’s picture

Don't know, now I tried one more time, and when I installed actions content language detection checkbox was off.
I'ts a fresh installed drupal, maybe it count's.

legolasbo’s picture

@steelsector, can you reproduce the issue reliably? If so could you provide more information about your environment and/or provide a screencast of the steps to take?

steelsector’s picture

@legolasbo I think I can. I'm working vmith Vagrant virtual box with Ubuntu 14.04, 5.5 php and 5.6 mysql, virtualbox have 1 gb RAM. And I will make a video about it, soon as I can.

vodde83’s picture

I've had this happen to me as well.
I discovered this, while setting up configuration sync in our new project. Our language selector block ( of which you have 2 , if you check 'Customize Content language ..' ) kept breaking.

I initially thought using configuration sync was the issue, and I was able to reproduce, using these steps :

- Fresh Drupal 8.0.0-rc1, English, Standard profile
- Enabled 'Content Translation'
- Checked 'Customize Content language ..' in admin/config/regional/language/detection
- Exported full site config locally, using 'drush config-export -y'
- Verified 'Customize Content language ..' was still checked
- Enabled another module ( in my case, 'Telephone' )
- Found 'Customize Content language ..' to be unchecked

However, even without configuration sync I can reproduce the issue.
Simply by doing these steps :

- Fresh Drupal 8.0.0-rc1, English, Standard profile
- Enabled 'Content Translation'
- Checked 'Customize Content language ..' in admin/config/regional/language/detection
- Enabled another module ( in my case, 'Telephone' )
- Found 'Customize Content language ..' to be unchecked

plach’s picture