When I attempt to visit my sitemap (http://www.simplemovinglabor.com/sitemap.xml), I get a page with the following error:

Error loading stylesheet: An unknown error has occurred (805303f4)

That's the only thing that displays when I visit that URL - no links or menus.


Terris’s picture

Hello! I have the same problem after updating to 7.x-2.0 version. The error is caused by attached stylesheet, if you uncheck the checkbox "Include a stylesheet in the sitemaps for humans" and rebuild sitemap, then sitemap is built correctly. But it is just plain xml without any styling. Would be great if anyone figure out how to make it work with enabled stylesheet.

theroyal’s picture

same problem,
and I unchecked the style sheet checkbox,
then rebuilt the sitemap,
then it works but of course without styling.

note : during the re-building in progress I noticed an ajax error and couldn't know why yet, but hope that it didn't harm.

kalanh’s picture

I had the same issue. Upgrading to 7.x-1.x-dev solves the issue and allowed me to view human-readable sitemaps. Try the dev version, enable the "Include a stylesheet in the sitemaps for humans" option in XMLsitemap settings and rebuild the sitemap(s).

Dave Reid’s picture

I'm guessing that #2244449: Use Protocol-less URL for XSL File might resolve this, otherwise I'm going to need more details.

iyyappan.govind’s picture

I installed xmlsitemap module it works fine for me.
When i accessing my site by another system in local network it throws the below error.

"Error loading stylesheet: A network error occurred loading an XSLT stylesheet:"

Pls tell me why this problem occurs.

thanks in advance...

goldcrusaider’s picture

I got the error: "Error loading stylesheet: A network error occurred loading an XSLT stylesheet:"
when I look in webmaster tools I am getting "missing sitemap 404" error. I am using the module "XML Sitemap" version 7.2.2

I took your advice and unchecked style sheet and rebuilt the map. Nothing changed. Anyone know why this is not working?

knalstaaf’s picture

It occured to me that this error can pop up depending on the url you're using to take a look at the sitemap.xml.

If the Default base URL (admin/config/search/xmlsitemap/settings -> Advanced settings) is set to http://mydomain.com, and you're using http://www.mydomain.com/sitemap.xml to see the sitemap, then you may get this error. If you're leaving the www away, the sitemap.xml would show up.

So make sure the url you're using to see the sitemap.xml equals the Default base URL that was set up.

jenlampton’s picture

Title: "Error loading stylesheet" » Error loading stylesheet

I'm having the same problem, but oddly I never actually saw the error message. I got a WSOD on the sitemap.xml page, but my client reported seeing this error:

Error loading stylesheet. An unknown error has occurred (805303f4)

In my case, the sitemap seems to work fine at prod.acquia-sites.com/sitemap.xml?page=1 URL on Acquia hosting. But when visiting the site's actual domain name, I get the WSOD. I'm logged in to both domains (which should bypass any caching).

Disabling the checkbox to add a style sheet does not change the behavior. I'm going to fiddle with $base_url in settings.php to see if that has any effect.

jenlampton’s picture

Well, setting a base URL has no effect.

I get a healthy sitemap on the acquia-based URL (http://mysite.prod.acquia-sites.com/sitemap.xml?page=1) - both with and without a stylesheet - but I get a white-screen-of-death on the real thing (http://actualdomain/sitemap.xml?page=1) - both with and without a stylesheet.

edit: It's been a few hours and now my sitemaps are working without errors. Not sure exactly what it was since I changed about 100 things, but I suspect maybe it was the base url.

KevinVb’s picture

I had the same issue when deploying a site to a live environment.

This is how i fixed it.
-> Go to Administration » Configuration » Search and metadata » XML sitemap » Settings
-> Change the 'Default base URL' value to your domain name. If you use a redirect for www to non-www then use the non-www variant.
-> Flush Drupal Cache
-> Rebuild the sitemap, this can be done by running cron or by using the rebuild option.

I find it regretfull that this module isn't using the $base_url that must be set in the settings.php

AndraeRay’s picture

I had a similar issue, and drush sitemap-regenerate and drush sitemap-rebuild were only producing a white page for sitemap. One thing to note when I checked source of white page it showed the xml.

My issue was caused because in my deploy script i was wiping out sites/default/files/xmlsitemap where sitemaps were stored. Once I started copying copied it over recursively in my deploys the sitemap loaded okay without needing to try a regenerate.

rahul_sankrit’s picture

I am also facing the same issue:

In my case, the sitemap seems to work fine at other host but with Amazon
S3 File System I got following message

The requested page "/sitemap.xml" could not be found.

1. Error loading stylesheet: An unknown error has occurred (805303f4)

2. Error loading stylesheet: A network error occurred loading an XSLT stylesheet.