- Add a few fields to the default account settings (admin/config/people/accounts/fields)
- Take time to reorder the new fields in the form display (admin/config/people/accounts/form-display) and display (admin/config/people/accounts/display) panes (just make them visible)
- Save the corresponding YML files (
entity.view_display.user.user.default.ymlat a minimum) anywhere on your disk
- Create a dummy module
- Add the saved files in the config dir of your new module
- Add and install the module on a totally new site (which thus deploys your saved configuration)
Now, you should be having your default user account settings with the new fields but also with any form display / display options and ordering that've you come up with. Problem is the form display and display settings and ordering seem to be ignored (set to Disabled) when the module is enabled.
- Copy over all YAML files in the active dir to the staging dir
- In the staging dir, manually replace (overwrite) the YAML files that seem to have been ignored (
entity.view_display.user.user.default.yml) when you enabled the module
- Rely on CMI's sync feature (admin/config/development/configuration) to a) detect changes and b) overwrite the current active configuration
- Now go back to your account setting's form display / display panes and confirm that your options and ordering is there as originally expected
I couldn't tell ifhas any impact on the above bug report but thought this would worth mentioning just in case.