I apologize in advance, because this is probably a dupe... when I searched, I did findwhich claims this is already fixed, but it is not in my experience... and which I can't tell if that's the same issue or not.
Any-who. Steps to reproduce:
1. Copy your active directory contents to your staging directory:
cp sites/default/files/config_XXX/active/* sites/default/files/config_XXX/staging/
2. Add a new views.view.fruit.yml file in staging, and paste in the contents of fruit.txt (which is just a regular, run-of-the-mill view w/ a page display created with the page wizard).
3. Go to admin/config/development/configuration and see that is says you have stuff to import. If you "View differences" you'll see it's a new file. Import it.
4. Upon refresh it says you still have things to import. If you "view differences," it is because the page display has changed order. Import it again.
5. Finally it thinks everything is imported. Hooray.
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [PHP 5.4 MySQL] 66,883 pass(es). View
|#6||Screen Shot 2014-01-22 at 4.35.06 PM.png||39.82 KB||Garrett Albright|
|#5||drupal-display_zero_test_only-2153469-5.patch||1.15 KB||Garrett Albright|
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 60,013 pass(es), 1 fail(s), and 0 exception(s). View
|#5||drupal-display_zero_test_and_2b-2153469-5.patch||1.75 KB||Garrett Albright|
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 59,998 pass(es). View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 59,945 pass(es). View