Gmap plugin style gmap.
Individual marker based on the Marker Field setting is not showing. Fallback marker is used and showing.
Neither Content: Title or Content: Nid are working.

I have the views plugin field set to nid.
$marker_field = field_nid but there is no corresponding key=>value pair in the $row array. So the marker name never gets set.

245   elseif ($this->options['markers'] == 'field') {
247           if (!empty($row->{$marker_field}) && !empty($row->{$marker_field}[0]['raw']['value'])) {
248          $markername = $row->{$marker_field}[0]['raw']['value'];
249            }
250          }
#9 marker_handling_use-2125493-9.patch1.13 KBValentine94
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 145 pass(es). View


jeffwpetersen’s picture

Issue summary: View changes

$markername = $row->{'nid'};

jeffwpetersen’s picture

Issue summary: View changes
podarok’s picture

Version: 7.x-2.8 » 7.x-2.x-dev
Status: Active » Patch (to be ported)

good to see here patch in git diff format against latest dev

jeffwpetersen’s picture

Title: Marker Handling - Use marker field - not showing markers for fields » Marker Handling - Use marker field - not showing markers for default cck fields

Any cck field that starts with FIELD_ is working. default cck fields ie: TITLE, NID are not.
I was not able to create a fix for this issue.

edward.radau’s picture

I believe I'm running into the same or similar issue. Except instead of Content: Nid or Content: Title I'm trying to utilize the Content: Type field. And because of this the $markerfield is set as "field_type" however in that piece of the code above the only attribute the $row object has that is relevant to this comparison would be "node_type". So, the condition fails and my custom marker is not being set the way I'd like it to.

I also tried to get around it using a PHPCode field however, similar situation. It's being set as "field_php" when the desired result I want it to be compared to is listed as "views_php_9" in the $row object.

edward.radau’s picture

1020 bytes
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] Unable to apply patch gmap_plugin_style_gmap.inc__3.patch. Unable to apply patch. See the log in the details link for more information. View

I've made some modifications that fixed my particular issue. I removed a few references such as the !empty($row->{$marker_field}[0]['raw']['value'] because in my situation there was no array here but a string and the condition failed every time. I also opted to use field_alias instead of alias because that is exactly what I needed and there was never a situation where a value of field_(alias name) existed as far as I could tell. I can't think of any situations where this would break but it's always safe to test.

Valentine94’s picture

Status: Patch (to be ported) » Needs review

Trigger bot to test.

Status: Needs review » Needs work

The last submitted patch, 6: gmap_plugin_style_gmap.inc_.patch, failed testing.

Valentine94’s picture

Status: Needs work » Needs review
1.13 KB
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 145 pass(es). View

Re-roll of #6.

podarok’s picture

Status: Needs review » Fixed

#9 commited

  • podarok committed de71dda on 7.x-2.x authored by Valentine94
    Issue #2125493 by edward.radau, Valentine94: Marker Handling - Use...

Status: Fixed » Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed - issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.