Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up a custom WYSIWYG profile and text format
- Learn to manage and embed images in content, and create image galleries and albums
- Manage and embed videos and audio playlists
- Enhance images with visual effects, and media content with multiple upload widgets, social ratings, watermark effects, and other community-contributed modules
- Create an HTML5-based canvas drawing application
- Build a responsive web design layout and semantic website with HTML5 and modern themes
Integrating images, video, and audio content on a Drupal site requires knowledge of appropriate community modules, and an understanding of how to configure and connect them properly. With the power of up-to-date technologies such as HTML5, responsive web design, and the best modules available in Drupal's eco-system, we can create the best Drupal 7 media website.
Drupal 7 Media is a practical, hands-on guide that will introduce you to the basic structure of a Drupal site and guide you through the integration of images, videos, and audio content. Learn to leverage the most suitable community modules and up-to-date technology such as HTML5 to offer a great user experience through rich media content.
The book begins with a practical introduction to the basic Drupal building blocks. It then breaks down each media resource, and explores them in detail.
You will learn how to leverage Drupal’s community modules to implement support for images, videos, and audio content, along with the best practices for implementation. We will be mentioning ideas throughout the book, which you can extend upon and use to build your own web applications. We will explore HTML5 support for media resources, the semantic web, and responsive web design, which are key topics in modern web application development. We will then build upon this knowledge and add more functionality to our sample website, such as support for analytic charts and customizing images, all of which we will implement using our own custom modules.
You will learn everything you need to know about building, extending, and configuring a Drupal 7 media web application.
This is a practical, hands-on guide packed with examples that will help you build rich Drupal 7 media web applications.
Who this book is for