I searched and found quite a few articles, but nothing has quite answered my question yet. I am working with Commerce.

I am creating views that filter my products onto different pages. In short, I have created one taxonomy (Portal) with three terms to categorize the products into either or both of the views, and I have created a second taxonomy(Category) to filter that product into four different views within the first one. I hope that is clear enough.

I will skip a lot of steps to make this post as succinct as possible

First, I have added both of the taxonomies via the term reference field type in th content type.

Second, I have added the "Category" taxonomy reference to the view's Filter Criteria and it works perfectly. The products have been configured at this point.

Now when I go to add the next taxonomy reference for for the "Portal", it tells me that nothing is there?

To contrast that, this is what I get for "Category"

I have gone through the setting for the taxonomies and the fields in the content type, and I can not find any differences (hopefully I am overlooking something.) I have also cleared the cache multiple times, used the rebuild taxonomy on submit option, re-indexed the search API, and ran cron.

Can somebody please tell me what I am missing? Would this module be helpful?


ericshell’s picture

I have realized that the taxonomy does not show up in admin/config/search/search_api/index/product_display/facets. Could that be the issue?

Ideally, I want to have "Indexed Node: Portal (= Both or Classic)" as the second item in this list.

ericshell’s picture

I added the relationship to the term as well, and it still didn't populate the filter. I still can not figure out this issue.

ericshell’s picture

I deleted the field in the content type field, and the taxonomy. Recreated and linked everything once again with the same name and it didn't work. I then tried it once more with a different name (thinking that what is was called may cause an issue) but that didn't work either. I'm banging my head against the wall on this one.

ericshell’s picture


admin > config > search api > then choose your table and go to edit > fields (Or if you go into it, the fields tab). At the bottom of the page you will see the add related fields option. Open that and find the taxonomy you want to add!

jaesperanza’s picture

Had a similar issue in Views, not by a search filter, but by a taxonomy/term ("One of"). For some reason, fixed by running cron.

Screenack’s picture

Go figure, a drush cron worked for me as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

matt.rad’s picture

Thanks! This was driving me bonkers and running cron sorted it out.