Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
I've got a view with a display that has a Date contextual filter. I want the default value of this filter to be a fixed string, so I set the "Provide default value" type to "Fixed value" and fill in the value with my string. This works fine, until I try to export the view using Features, then import that Feature into another site. The site with the imported feature has all the right settings in this view, except that the string for the actual fixed value is not defined.
Fortunately, I figured out what exported value was missing by looking through some other features, and discovered that it's
default_argument_options that's missing. So by adding
$handler->display->display_options['arguments']['field_is_pe_series_value']['default_argument_options']['argument'] = '0';
after this line:
$handler->display->display_options['arguments']['field_is_pe_series_value']['default_argument_type'] = 'fixed';
I was able to fix my feature.
I'm honestly not sure, though, if this is a bug in Views, Features, ctools, or maybe even Date. But the really weird part is that after I manually added this line to my feature, and then edited my fixed value from the UI, Features didn't notice the difference, and continued to think that the view hadn't been overridden. So I went and saved a different change to my view, so that Features would recognize a difference, then reverted my feature. This caused both the reognized difference and the fixed value to get reverted to what's in my feature.