Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
New Features since 1.2
- Pluggable Backend Architecture: Data storage can work natively with Postgres/PostGIS databases via a plugin. Ships with a default storage mechanism that is suitable for any Drupal-supported database, without any db-enhancements.
- An example of a PostGIS-enabled plugin for Geofield can be found at https://github.com/phayes/geofield_postgis.
- Native FormAPI elements
- Lat/Lon: : Provides 2 textfield elements for latitude/longitude selection. Optional HTML5 Geolocation capabilities.
- Bounding Box: Provides 4 textfield elements to define top/bottom/left/right bounds for a geometry.
- Proximity: Provides a way to input proximity queries, which in this case is defined as [x] [units of measure] from [location]. See Views proximity handler plugins for example usage.
- Views-powered Proximity Queries
- Unit tests!
Developer notes from 1.x to 2.x
- 'wkt' column now 'geom.' Data is now stored as WKB by default. We convert to WKB on load to help with DX.
Outside commits since 7.x-2.0-beta1
[#2019231] - Failed opening required geofield.widgets.openlayers.inc error (Thanks @cameronbprince!)
[#2037491] - Store a reference to the map object so other code can control it (Thanks @deviantintegral!)
[#2038433] - Updating and improving our apachesolr support. Thanks to @Mac_Weber!
[#1780632] - Fix searchapi integration when dealing with empty values (Thanks @randallknutson!)
[#2050291] - Help text now supports markup (Thanks @amuhebwa!)