Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
NoSpam - Prevent spam before it happens
The goal of this project is to obliterate spam. Even though it is far from perfect at the moment. I have already noticed a significant decrease in the spam I received at a particular website, on which it runs live at the moment, simultaniously significantly decreasing the amount of manual work I put in spam prevention.
The reason I started this project was because I manage a website where 75% of the messages placed are spam messages, while other modules have failed me, I feel very confident that thanks to this module there will be no spam at all placed on my website.
The ultimate goal of this module is to put all-in-one, IP-checking, username/e-mail checking, node validation etc, but above all, (intelligent, configurable and transparant) auto-banning. My greatest issue with the other modules was that it was great and all that they could identify so much for me, but I had to manually manage it all anyway, thus only slightly decreasing the amount of work I have to put in spam prevention.
Besides, spammers will always be coming to you, so you should have always-on defence, and not just during the daytime.
Screenshots and more information can be found on the project page.
Flow of module
- A user visits the site
- There is n chance his IP is placed in a queue to be validated
- In hook_cron a given amount of the queue is send to the webservice
- The results are evaluated and when the configurable conditions are met, the address is marked as a spam address
- The results are stored for n months in the database, to be permanently deleted during a cron run some time in the future
- If 'safe mode' is turned off, the address is also added to the block list and will be removed when the status has expired
- The user might return, and the process will start again.
The results of the verification can be viewn, see the screenshots on the project page.
I'm not sure that my git branches are set up 'the drupal way'.
git clone http://git.drupal.org/sandbox/AmazingDreams/2089117.git nospam