After updating from 7.x-2.3 to 7.x-2.5 via drush Chrome give me the following error when I try to edit a rule.

No data received. Error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

I reverted back to 7.x-2.3 and it resolved it for me (by reverting I mean uninstalling 2.5 and reinstalling 2.3 and recreating rules).


fago’s picture

Status: Active » Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

Can you find any php errors? E.g. in the webserver log or Drupal watchdog? Without any error there is nothing we can do about it.

jphelan’s picture

I did check watchdog but it was not reporting any PHP errors. I know it's not much info, sorry. I'll try and do some more digging if it happens ona site again.

akgooseman2’s picture

I'm having a similar (or the same) problem with Rules 7.x-2.6. Attempting to edit the rule produces no watchdog entries nor Apache access/error log entries. The URL for the attempted process is /admin/config/workflow/rules/reaction/manage/26.

I tried with Chrome 31, Firefox 25 and Safari 6.1 on Mac OS X 6.7. Chrome and Firefox have the same error running under Windows 7. Server is running PHP 5.2.10. It worked fine yesterday, the Nov 26th. No upgrades have been performed since Nov 21st. The Rules module itself was installed on the 23rd and patched with #11 in That patch is marked as fails testing, so I'm probably just getting what I asked for. Rules has been working just fine with it until today. Without the patch, Rules isn't useful for my project, so I can't revert to stock. Only the rules making use of that patch (Entity load by property) can't be edited. Others rules can be edited. Coincidence? Will investigate further.

KimmoT’s picture

I had this same problem, but once I updated Drupal core to version 7.24 it disappeared.

michaelw_dc’s picture

I am encountering this issue now, where editing most rules results in WSOD / ERR_NO_RESPONSE depending on the browser I use.

I am using Drupal Core 7.24 and Rules 7.x-2.6.

Apache log reports [notice] child pid 72129 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

johnennew’s picture

Issue summary: View changes

This just happened to me - segmentation fault in apache - insane?!

Workaround - edit the rule on a different computer, export to features, commit to version control, put feature onto the faulty system and revert.

I've seen some stack exchange posts suggesting to increase output_buffering in php.ini which might also work.

Costasael3’s picture

rita2clark’s picture

Some days ago i faced this error. you can clear your cache and change Lan settings and get rid of this error.

#customize and Control
#Show Advanced settings
#Privacy section
#Clear browsing data.

This error occurs for many reason thats why you check all the solution of this 'err_empty_response’ error from here.

jason383’s picture

I received error and the below commands are working for me,

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

Source: (step by step method)

itechnofun’s picture

i face same issue i use .106 version update version i try everything scan my pc reinstall chrome but still same when i open my site i see this i change my hosting but still smae.

arunverma’s picture

If you are using task runner like Grunt/Gulp. You must have installed it in a theme where it must have created a folder "node_modules". So just put that folder on drupal root level(public_html) & you can access admin section.

miraje’s picture

Removed node_modules for test and the website is back working!! fabwebstudio -- thank you so much!!
Have to figure out how to keep both gulp and working website..
The problem existed on local installation, running same website on remote server was fine.

Techinpost’s picture

i found a website through which i get rid out of this error, so now you also check it once:

rajeevgole’s picture

I was also getting the same error for Drupal 8.x version. Increasing "max_input_time" value resolved the issue.