When I create a new Content Type I am getting the following random issues:

1. When I go back to Content Types list (/admin/structure/types) the newly created content type is not in the list
2. I get random "Page not found" error massages when trying to edit or delete fields on newly created Content Types or when trying to delete the Content Type itself
3. I can delete Content Types, then visit other admin pages and when returning to the Content Types list page, the types I just deleted appear in the list again.
3. When I delete a Content Type and then try and create it again with the same name I am getting an error that the name is already in use.

These issues appear to be random and don't occur with any observable consistency.

I am using the current dev version of APC (7.x-1.0-beta4+8-dev) and drupal version 7.23. The same issues also occurred when using version 7.x-1.0-beta4.

My config settings in setting.php are:

* Add APC Caching.
$conf['cache_backends'][] = 'sites/all/modules/apc/drupal_apc_cache.inc';
$conf['cache_class_cache'] = 'DrupalAPCCache';
$conf['cache_class_cache_bootstrap'] = 'DrupalAPCCache';


caspervoogt’s picture

Version: 7.x-1.x-dev » 7.x-1.0-beta4

See https://drupal.org/node/1906738 .. some others are also experiencing this.
For me, the content type showed in the list, but field admin links were broken (they'd link to http://field, for example). Commenting out the APC-related lines in settings.php solved it for me... but it's troubling because I use APC on a number of sites.

Clearing the cache in Performance > Clear Cache does not help

I will go try the current dev version right now to see if it's any different.

caspervoogt’s picture

Version: 7.x-1.0-beta4 » 7.x-1.x-dev

Current dev version works for me, after I fixed some APC config issues. Namely, my PHP configuration was missing:


I put that in /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/apc.ini but it can go in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini as well.

Older versions of PHP (not sure which ones) would use;


I think what happened was I did a server upgrade (Various security patches) and opted to replace my customized conf files with the ones Ubuntu provides.

twistor’s picture

Issue summary: View changes
Status: Active » Closed (fixed)

Sounds like this was fixed.

If you're still having this problem, feel free to re-open.