- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-074
- Project: MediaFront (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2013-September-11
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The MediaFront module provides a front-end media presentation layer for Drupal
The module doesn't sufficiently filter user input from MediaFront preset settings.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "administer mediafront" to exploit this bug.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- MediaFront 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.6.
- MediaFront 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.6.
- MediaFront 7.x-2.x versions prior to 7.x-2.1.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed MediaFront module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the MediaFront module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to MediaFront 6.x-1.6
- If you use the MediaFront module version 1.x for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to MediaFront 7.x-1.6
- If you use the MediaFront module version 2.x for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to MediaFront 7.x-2.1
Also see the MediaFront project page.
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.