Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
When extending configuration entities, such as in, we need a reliable way to add additional local tabs to pages such as config entities. If some have a default edit tab and others don't, then we need to augment that from the outside. This would be way easier (also for contrib modules to extend the UI) if all config entities would have an Edit/Configure (as appropriate) tab by default.
Reviewing the complete list of config entities:
- block: already has such a tab but was not visible on the page, only inline; so if you went to the delete tab, there was no tab to go back to configure - woops :D
- custom_block_type: already has it
- contact_category: already has it
- node_type: already has it
- date_format: in patch
- filter_format: in patch
- image_style: already has it
- language_entity: in patch, although /edit.../edit looks odd, language editing should be converted a controller and the paths fixed THEN
- menu: already has it
- picture_mapping: in patch
- shortcut_set: already has it
- taxonomy_vocabulary: already has it
- user_role: already has it
- view: already has it
Add the Edit/Configure (as appropriate) tabs.
User interface changes
The tab will show up *IF* there is at least one other tab. If there is no other tab, the tab will not show up, so it will look exactly like before. So in case of the entities covered in the patch there is *NO* core UI change untillands and you have that enabled. That adds one more tab for each config entity, so the default tab will also show.
- Same thing on other pages.
- in config_translation
- in config translation use what is done here to remove the junk