Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
After a far too long period of inactivity and no releases, I've now begun pushing code again.
Lots of smaller and bigger bugs have been fixed — all of which are based on patches provided by the community.
That being said, a lot of work is still left to be done. Most of the notes that came with alpha 5 still apply today:
Highlights of this release:
- only one known major remaining bug:
Make sure that you know if the part of Hierarchical Select's functionality that you want to use has been ported. Otherwise, you may be in for a frustrating upgrade experience.
See the included TODO.txt file for details. In a nutshell:
- Taxonomy support is almost complete, only "entity count" and token support are missing
- Forum support has **not** yet been ported (but relies on Taxonomy, so this is trivial)
- Taxonomy Views support has **not** yet been ported
I'll state it again: NOT EVERYTHING HAS BEEN PORTED YET, so don't file issues for things that have not yet been ported. HS is still marked as an alpha for a reason.
Changes since 7.x-3.0-alpha5:
- #1394416 by zechola | skizzo: Added Integrate with Term Access.
- #1623030 by michaek, mavimo: Fixed Field displays even when no term is selected.
- #1655100 by nod_: Fixed Wong data sent to Drupal.attachBehaviors.
- #1457252 by GuyPaddock, amaria, Wim Leers: Fixed Notice: Undefined variable: config in _hs_process_render_create_new_item().
- #1847974 by itarato: Fixed Error message: 'Call to undefined function hierarchical_select_common_config_set()" blocks profile install.
- #1858496 by Tomefa | zet: Fixed Hierarchical Select sublevel 'create " does not get the configured item type label.
- #2021821 by tstoeckler, geerlingguy: Fixed Use status instead of warning in hs_taxonomy_enable().
- #1275862 by joachim, foripepe, cweagans, andypost | drumnjo: Fixed error message on ajax update when the HS element is #required.
- #1587570 by tregeagle, Ignigena, RobKoberg, yannickoo, RoSk0: Fixed PHP 5.4 compatibility of theme_hierarchical_select().
- #1306688 by acbramley: Fixed PHP notices on widget type edit screen.
- #1649706 by acbramley: Fixed Menu items not populated on node edit if there's another HS field on the form.
- #1315192 by acbramley, sylus: Fixed Uncaught Syntax error, unrecognized expression: [value=main-menu:0] (broken menu select).
- #1339710: All entries in the 'Hiearchical links' field view link to the final entry -- they should link to what they say they are.
- #1331812: Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in hs_taxonomy_hierarchical_select_valid_item()
- Fixed #950548: SQL error when using Views 3 exposed filters and the "Display the node count" or "Require associated
- Fixed #1286272: Taxonomy term 'Parents' field does not recognize '0' to mean ''
- #308823: More hierarchical formatters for Taxonomy fields
- Fixed #1538146: PHP notice when looking up item type
- Fixed #1388308: Can't add menu items to an empty menu
- #1272538: Hierarchical Select Menu should also flatten on submit of node forms
- #1271386: Hierarchical Select Menu should respect menu_options