Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Is there a way of having nested events? I am working on a conference schedule: my events are speeches, but they are organized in sessions which should appear in the calendar, including the speeches. Something like the following, for 2 parallel sessions:
- Session 1: Topic 1 (room = A), from 11:00 to 12:30
- Speech 1.1: Title 1 (room = A), from 11:00 to 11:30
- Speech 1.2: Title 2 (room = A), from 11:30 to 12:00
- Speech 1.3: Title 3 (room = A), from 12:00 to 12:30
- Session 2: Topic 2 (room = B), from 11:00 to 12:30
- Speech 2.1: Title 4 (room = B), from 11:00 to 11:30
- Speech 2.2: Title 6 (room = B), from 11:30 to 12:00
- Speech 2.3: Title 5 (room = B), from 12:00 to 12:30
Sometimes, speeches have no timing inside a session, but they still have to appear nested in this session.
I tried to work with taxonomy for the sessions, and I can get the details of a session that way. But I can't handle the display in the calendar (taxonomy terms are not events).
Any idea? Would it be difficult to allow nested events?