I am trying to develop a system using drupal (our intranet is being created in drupal). I am working on a portion of the system that would control the inventory. The run down of the system. We have roughly 220 parts that are moving in and out on a regular basis. Certain groups "own" certain parts. Each time a part moves a shipment # is attached to that part and one or amount entered should be deducted from the inventory. Also there are specific owners of each part and they should be able to view only their portion of the inventory system (view only not to make changes just to view). Those who make changes are going to listed as a different type of user.
So in the breakdown...
1. Inventory system that allows ship out / receive in.
2. Attach control/shipment # to each move.
3. Allow different groups to view certain products and not edit just view while still keeping the information private over the net.
4. Give individual information on each part. (i.e. product name, wieght, dimension, photo)
5. Easy export or printing of all current parts for that user.
6. Barcode integration would be a plus but we will see.
Has anyone seen anything or done anything like this. I really want to try and make drupal the only intranet system we use and want to use it for the inventory as opposed to one more third party system.