I am trying to forecast how long it will be until the modules Drupal 8 will be ready for a technical-savvy development team to start using for a large multilingual multisite project.
(i.e. do we wait or migrate later)
I am thinking probably Fall 2014. I would appreciate hearing your estimates.
From my analysis (as of Aug 21 2013)
- 18 Themes have a Drupal 8 version
- 207 of all the modules have a drupal 8 version
- Only 40 of the top 500 modules (by usage) have a Drupal 8 version
- Only 7 of the top 500 modules have pledged #D8CX - this feels less than we were at with Drupal 7 at this time
- Only 39 of all the modules have pledged #D8CX