Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
I need to create what I imagine to be a simple website with basically 4 pages:
1. The first one is private (only people with admin rights can see it). This page is where I create a list with several products.
Thinking about it as a database, this page should generate the (unique) table containing *all* the products and their characteristics.
2. The second page is where the users register their information. It is open access to everyone. Here the users register and save their info.
DBwise, this page would feed the (unique) table containing *all* the information relating to each user.
3. The third page is where each user (previously registered) selects a product (from the list that I created) and gives the price that they are willing to pay (or sell), the location of the product, and any other information related to the sale.
DBwise, this should be a (large) table containing the userID, ProductID, and all the conditions related to the sale (price, quantity, buy/sell, location, etc., date of the post)
4. The fourth page would be only based on queries of the table in 3. For instance, it would contain (apart from several ads), graphs with the buy/sell prices each day (like a graph of a stock index for instance).
But the user should be able to chose the filters for the query. For instance, “a graph only with the price in regionA”, or “a graph considering only buys/sells posted on that day”, and so on, kind of like on EBay.
So, I have a few questions and I understand that not everyone is capable of answering all of them. So, if you know any of the answers, I would be really glad to learn them!
1. Could you please let me know how difficult you think it would be to create such a website in Drupal?
2. Do you know/can you suggest any modules that I could use in this case?
3. Do you think it might be easier to do that with Dreamweaver and try to do the php and database on the side? What about using Wordpress?
Thanks a lot in advance for the help!!
All the best,