Everything was working fine and I could filter the nodes. After I upgraded I only see 'Page not found"
Please assist me if possible.
Have you run update.php ?
Yes I ran update a few times, cleared the cache, ran cron and made sure all the filters are set up the same way.
How about uninstall and re-install ?
I will try that
I got the same error with Global Filters. It always show "page not found" when VIEWS return no result.
Re-install doesn't solve the problem. Also, there is a bug on the latest module when install, a lot of people can't success install and have to manual remove some global filter's field.
Do you mean, people can't UNinstall? Please describe clearly the steps to reproduce your problem. Please also confirm this is version 7.x-1.11, not 7.x-1.x-dev?
And before you re-installed, did you uninstall first?
It is when there are no results to show that I get a page not found. So I am seeking an alternative to show if there are no results. If there are results then it displays them fine but as soon as there are no results then it shows Page not found
I know you can set it to show all results if there are none that match your criteria but that is not what I want as this is a site that requires specifics and it has to be precise so it should display "No results to show" or something like that.
Your help is really appreciated.
I've just spent quite a bit of time trying to reproduce this on 7.x-1.x-dev, but cannot.
vip_sa and zeroxw, you need to be clearer in specifying what kind of global filter you're using (driven by a View or a field and if driven by field, what kind of field... list, integer, taxonomy...). What kind of validation do you have on the contextual filter? Do you use "Allow multiple values" or not?
Do you get the same result, i.e. "page not found" when you append the (machine) value of the global filter to the URL, i.e. as a contextual filter? You should.
For instance, when on my system I have a global filter driven by a taxonomy term. When I select via the global filter a taxonomy term that has no content associated with it, I just get the page title followed by an empty page. I do not get "page not found", UNLESS I select multiple terms and I have a validation function set to accept numbers only (numeric validation won't accept the '+' signs to separate multiple values, so you need to set it to -Basic validation-).
As for showing a message... you specify that by adding a "Global: Text Area" under NO RESULTS BEHAVIOR, right hand side of the Views UI.
All global filters are field driven and I have attached the view export of the view we are using to filter jobs with so I hope it provides you with what you need. If I go to the page then it shows me page not found yet in the view you will see that the page does exist.
I hope this helps you to help me. Thank you so much for your quick response and for a great module.
I cannot successfully import that View because I don't have the content and content types to match.
I can see you're using 5 Global Filters and that should be fine.
If you want me to investigate further I suggest you give me temporary access to your test system. Otherwise it's too hard.
I still believe that this is a Views configuration issue more than anything.
As I said, if you take the 5 global filter values from one of those "page not found" global filter combinations and you append them in the correct order to the URL, separated by slashes (i.e use them as contextual filter arguments, which is what global filters really are), then you should see the same behaviour. In that case, when the contextual filters are appended to the URL, global filter will do nothing and the behaviour you will see then is pure Views behaviour.
Sorry for the late reply. My developer got it working so I am fine for now. What he did I don't know but I will ask him and I will post it here. I promise you I have many sites and I use this module on all my websites it is just great.
I will let you know if anything comes up. Thank you for your great support of a great module.
All the best
Thanks for your support Corne,
I and other Global Filter users would be most interested in learning how your developer got it to work.
Closing due to inactivity.
This issue has no child issues.
Drupal is a registered trademark of Dries Buytaert.