Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
I use XAMPP with MySQL on the default port and Apache on ports 8080 and 4399. Even though 80 and 430 are not in use (new windows 7 ultimate installation on vmware) it still says they are so I changed them.
The "bitnami-drupal-7.22-0-module-xampp-windows-installer" always fails it's installation because it only works for port 80 and there is no way to configure it for port 8080 it seems.
So I did the manual installation:
- I disabled the Windows Firewall, installation dialogs, no virusscanner, etc.
- I Installed Apache & MySQL using Xampp on "C:\Xampp"
- I started Apache and MySQL in XAMPP
- I created a database "drupal"
- I created a database user with all rights called "drupal"
- I copied the default settings and named it settings.php
- I went to: http://localhost/drupal/install.php?profile=standard&locale=en
drupal and password also drupal
Everything else I left default.
Error: "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\drupal\includes\bootstrap.inc on line 2250"
Increasing the timeout to 999 or something high still timeouts. There must be some other problem. I can't find it in the logs.