I'm using the Facebook likebox plugin with FSPI 7.x-2.0-beta4+1-dev in some sites (some in production, other in localhost).

Only today I realized that the table's dimensions of the plugin was changed (the tables were wider, breaking the layout of the site), though I have not changed your settings.

What's worse, this change occurred at all sites that use the module. I think this would only happen if there were changes in the API.

Inform anyone know? What should I do to fix the problem?


#2 fb_social-likebox_plugin.png59.5 KBastutonet


jay.lee.bio’s picture

If you're referring to the "minimum width of 292px" problem (https://drupal.org/node/1315360, #3), here's what worked for my site (http://collectiboard.com):

/* This element holds injected scripts inside iframes that in some cases may stretch layouts. So, we're just hiding it. */
#fb-root {
display: none;

/* This fills the container and nothing else. */
.fb_iframe_widget, .fb_iframe_widget span, .fb_iframe_widget span iframe[style] {
width: 100% !important;

astutonet’s picture

Hi @Jay Lee, thank you for your reply.

Yes, my problem is related to the "minimum width of 292px". As we can see in attached image, the width of the box is setted to 292px, but in my "Facebook likebox plugin - settings" I adjusted this to 235px.

I tried to insert your css code in my custom css file, but this can't solve the issue.

I can see this approach is related with the min width of the Like Box plugin, so I believe we need a patch or other solution to solve this issue.

Any idea?


jay.lee.bio’s picture

Astutonet, I'm not a CSS expert. All I'm saying is that the above code worked for me. Here's proof: http://collectiboard.com/collectible/5

You have at least 3 options:

1) Try to make the code I gave you work. Maybe you configured something wrong.

2) https://drupal.org/node/1315360, #3 -> Pay attention to where I said "this module also automatically solves the..." and use that module instead of this one.

3) https://drupal.org/node/1315360, #3 -> Go to the Stack Overflow link and find a different solution to your problem.

Good luck!

astutonet’s picture

Thanks again for your reply and sorry for the delay.

I had previously used one of your suggestions, but I do not remember why I had to abandon it.

Yesterday I tested again one of his suggestions. Well simple, practical and functional.

It was enough to install and configure and everything was perfect.

When I was preparing to add your solution in my projects, I realized that there was a further change in the Facebook API and everything returned to normal.

For this reason, I didn't any change in my projects, but if I have problems again, I already know which tool I will use.

Thanks for the tips ;-)

jay.lee.bio’s picture

Not only did everything go back to normal, you can now show pictures of people without worrying about the infamous problem of the bottom part being cut off. I'm so happy myself! :D