- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-052
- Project: Display Suite (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2013-June-12
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
Display Suite allows you to take full control over how your content is displayed using a drag and drop interface.
In certain situations, Display Suite does not properly sanitize entity bundle labels, allowing a malicious user to embed scripts within a page, resulting in a Cross-site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker has to be able to create entity bundle labels of some sort, which usually needs a higher level permission such as administer taxonomy.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Display Suite 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.7.
- Display Suite 7.x-2.x versions prior to 7.x-2.3.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Display Suite module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the first branch of Display Suite module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Display Suite 7.x-1.8
- If you use the second branch of Display Suite module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Display Suite 7.x-2.4
Also see the Display Suite project page.
- Klaus Purer of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.