Starter Kit version of CiviCRM
The CiviCRM Starter Kit starts with a stripped down version of CiviCRM that is built with each release of CiviCRM as part of the CiviCRM team's packaging process.
http://downloads.civicrm.org/civicrm-x.x.x-starterkit.tgz where x.x.x would be 4.3.3 or the current release. You can see the version of CiviCRM that's currently being packaged in http://drupalcode.org/project/civicrm_starterkit.git/blob/refs/heads/7.x...
Patches to Add Libraries and Files Back to CiviCRM
Patches Related to Running CiviCRM from profiles/
CiviCRM has normally be limited to running from sites/all/modules or site/all/modules/contrib
Pantheon Specific Patches
The biggest changes related to Pantheon are related to the template used to generate the civicrm.settings.php file. Because the same file moves from dev -> test -> live, we can't use hardcoded values. Because we want to be able to use the same codebase when we're not using Pantheon, that part of the code checks to see $_SERVER['PRESSFLOW_SETTINGS'] is set. If it is, the normal CiviCRM settings are ignored. A comment about that is added to the civicrm.settings.php to make this less confusing for for the Pantheon and non-Pantheon users.
// PANTHEON USERS - These settings are overridden above when running on Pantheon.
// These settings are ONLY included here to remain compatible all other hosts.
define( 'CIVICRM_UF_DSN' , 'mysql://username:pass@localhost/drupal?new_link=true' );
drush verify-makefile drupal-org.make
Process for Testing an Update
Process for Testing an Update on Pantheon
- Correct the problem with a patch on Drupal.org
- Apply the patch using the drupal-org.make
- Submit the patch to CiviCRM's Jira instance
- When the patch is committed by the CiviCRM core team, Jira is updated
- When the next release of CiviCRM is rolled, I remove any patches from the drupal-org.make that have been fixed in CiviCRM
- Package a new release of http://drupal.org/project/civicrm_starterkit
- Replace the profiles/civicrm_starterkit in https://github.com/kreynen/civicrm-starterkit-drops-7 with the packaged version downloaded from Drupal.org
- Commit the changes
- Watch for update in Pantheon Dashboard
- Apply update
- If the changes are in the install process, test a new install