I have a 5000 pages multilingual site that was correctly configured, nodes & blocks & views were all showing the correct translation.
But I discovered today blocks and views are not showing up translations anymore.
I tripled checked parameters :

  • the correct translatable text formats are checked
  • the User interface text language detection weren't changed :
    • first by URL ( language prefix)
    • then user
    • browser
    • default.

If I try to update my translations, they are still here, saved in the database, but they don't show up !?!

I then updated related modules : config is now :

  • core 7.18
  • Views 7.x-3.7
  • Entity Translation 7.x-1.0-beta2
  • i18n 7.x-1.8
  • Views translation 7.x-3.x-dev

No result.

I could neither find any watchdog message related to that problem.

Where a hell could I search now ? Any help is really welcome.

Comments

mshaver’s picture

Any updates on this issue? Did you resolve it?

Kojo Unsui’s picture

No, despite all efforts I couldn't find the bug source yet.
And I had to deal with other deadlines so I let it for a while.
But any help would be highly appreciated, like where to put some watchdogs ?
i sent a question in drupal.stackexchange also with a few details more...

Diane Bryan’s picture

Same problem. I had assumed it was due to the modules Freepager and/or Om Maximenu, but this is sounding like something in the translation/internationalization modules. If we discover the cause, I'll post here.

Please do the same!

dafeder’s picture

Same problem. Anyone NOT seeing this bug?

Kojo Unsui’s picture

I posted this in 2 different places in April, due to the critical situation. So you can find more followers and ideas at Blocks and views not displaying translations anymore, especially from Jose Reyero, who's a major contributor to Drupal,as far as I know. I've been searching nights in April, but I had to leave it bugged for now, to honour other projects... I will work back on it again in november.

Kojo Unsui’s picture

Status: Active » Closed (duplicate)
dafeder’s picture

Status: Closed (duplicate) » Active

Since my issue seems to be with views blocks specifically, I'd like to keep this open at least until I figure out if this is a reproducible issue.

I debugged _block_render_blocks() as suggested by webflo on IRC. There's a lot I don't understand about i18n in Drupal, but in my views block, i18n_mode was set to 0. Could that be part of the issue?

SiaoKiax3’s picture

Issue summary: View changes

Happened on my recent site.
Drupal 7.34
Views 7.x-3.8
Views i18n 7.x-3.x-dev
PHP 5.5

Translated string doesn't respond, both built in interface / views.

netgenius.co.uk’s picture

I hit this again today. I worked out and used the following process to get the translations working again:

  1. Turn off block-cache if enabled.
  2. Go into locale strings (admin/config/regional/translate/translate), search for relevant text. Delete any existing matching entries.
  3. Clear caches.
  4. Edit the relevant View in the Views UI. Make some small change so that Views offers you the option to save the View. Save.
  5. Visit some relevant page which triggers the View/block. Switch to a language other than site default.
  6. Go back into locale strings, search for relevant text. There should now be an entry with a context matching the View id and display.
  7. Create translations.
  8. Clear caches.
  9. Visit some relevant page which triggers the View/block. Check that translations are working.
  10. Turn block-cache back on if required.
aaronbauman’s picture

#9 is overkill, but got me down the right path.
Here's how I fixed the issue:

  1. disable cache, block cache
    (mine was already disabled, so might not be necessary)
  2. manually truncate all tables starting with cache*
    (simple cache clear might also work)
  3. re-save the view