Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-043
- Project: MP3 Player (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2013-April-17
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This module enables you to easily enable a Flash MP3 Player on a CCK FileField.
The module doesn't sufficiently filter user-supplied text from mp3 filenames.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission to create a node with an mp3 filefield with the MP3 player set as the display widget.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- All MP3 Player versions.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed MP3 Player module, there is nothing you need to do.
Disable the module:
- If you use the MP3 Player module for Drupal 6.x you should disable the module.
Also see the MP3 Player project page.
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.