Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
This page contains user documentation for the D7 version of Collapsiblock module.
The Collapsiblock module makes blocks collapsible so you can show/hide content by clicking on the title of the block. This is a great way to incorporate accordion style effect for a full node/page or in a sidebar region of your site. Simply create individual blocks for each section you want to expand and/or collapse and assign them to a specific region and page.
- Download and install the Collapsiblock module on your site.
- Enable the module: Modules -> Collapsiblock
Configure the Theme:
You may need to override the CSS selectors that come with Collapsiblock in the following way. For example, for the Omega Theme as well as the Sky Theme and maybe other AT derivatives, you need to change the Block setting to section.block.
If you're using Sky it's worth noting that in some block regions, blocks don't get a div.content wrapper. Moving the block to another region should help.
- Click Appearance > Settings > Global Settings and the Settings for your Theme
Configure the Module:
You should only do this if you want every block on your site to have this behavior.
- Click on Configuration on the Toolbar and click on Collapsiblock in the User Interface section.
- Configure based on the image below to set the Default behavior. This will determine the behavior for ALL blocks throughout your site.
- You can also change the animation type and speed as desired.
Configure Each Block
In order to get the expand/collapse effect, each block need to be configured. When the Collapsiblock module is enabled, each block has a Collapsiblock section after the Block is created.
- Open the Block: Structure -> Block and change the configuration for that block.
- Save the block. It is important to note that this section does not show up until after the block is created.