This is an awesome module! I'd just like to provide some feedback. It works great with a form that I created using the Webform module. However, I'm trying to place the error message "Please enter some keywords." inline with the search form on the search results page.

Firebug shows the following HTML on the results page for the search form if there was no text entered:
<form id="search-form" class="search-form" accept-charset="UTF-8" method="post" action="/example/search/node">
but when I try to add "search-form" to the list of forms on the Inline Form Errors page I get an error: search-form is invalid.

So, I checked "Show form_ids on form" to get the ID and the ID shown is "search_form" not "search-form" (note the underscore vs the hyphen). I add "search_form" to the Form Conversion list and when I go to the search results form I get an error:

Notice: Undefined index: #type in template_preprocess_search_block_form() (line 1070 of C:\wamp\www\example\modules\search\search.module).

It seems like there may be a conflict between "search_form" and "search-form.
I'm using Drupal 7.15 with the Webform module.


stijndm’s picture

Version:7.x-2.0-alpha2» 7.x-2.x-dev
Issue summary:View changes

This might be fixed in the latest dev version. The code has been overhauled. Can you please try out the latest dev?

stanb’s picture

I have updated IFE to 7.x-2.0-alpha2+2-dev. I was able to reference a form ID = search_form without getting errors, however, when I select "Show form_ids on form" with Default display settings = "Remove all messages", the error above still appears. I'm still testing on an old version of Drupal 7.15 and a highly customized site. I'll install a a fresh instance of the latest Drupal core with Webform and IFE and do more testing.

stanb’s picture

The error has disappeared after updating core to 7.32 and IFE to 7.x-2.0-alpha2. I still can't get the search results form to display the alternate error message when no text is entered in the search form. I think part of the problem may be that the Search Form (id=search_block_form) results are being passed to the Search Results Form (id=search_form) so two forms are involved. I tried configuring both of these forms to use the alternate error message but it's still not working. Just thought I'd provide some feedback. Sorry it took so long to look at this.