Some active config files (like sites/default/files/config__rzyR0s0KXhc9jjr4I7HQl3nK300t-85ew12vzYGO2A/active/something.else.whatever.yml) are saved with a different format than the default yml files (under core modules config directories like core/modules/something/config/something.else.whatever.yml).
check the files by resaving configurations, and diffing them.
open issues for ones that differ, and add to the list of issues in the issue summary.
make a comment here and update the issue summary for ones that are confirmed to match.
make a list of ones that need to be checked.
Files checked that are ok and do not need issues
Files checked that are not very sure or need further review
User interface changes
No UI changes.
No API changes.
Steps to reproduce#
- Install as usual
- Install the module that needs check and visit the module's config folder for the configuration file name
- find the same file in sites/default/files/config_[hash]/active folder.
- Compare both files with some diff tool
- Do not use double quotes for strings, use single quotes.
- Use single quotes for label values even if they are one word for consistency.
- Never use quotes for key definitions and types (in Drupal, key names and types are strings by definition and should not have spaces).
- In Drupal, integer values contained YAML config data files are cast to string and therefore are wrapped in single quotes.
- Watch your indentation levels. This is not a code style requirement per say, since it is important to use proper indentation in YAML so you get the desired schema structure.