diving deeper into a bug found with commons below, it looks like the message module isn't compatible with locale. Our specific issue is in views, where the rendered message doesn't appear if locale is enabled.

Issue: http://drupal.org/node/1932530#comment-7145288

has anyone else tried locale with message module, and do you see similar issues?

#8 recentactivity.jpg33.34 KBm.schwarzenberg
Members fund testing for the Drupal project. Drupal Association Learn more


japerry’s picture

Status: Active » Closed (duplicate)

This is a duplicate of: http://drupal.org/node/1782134 we're using the rendered entity function for the entity module.

japerry’s picture

Status: Closed (duplicate) » Active

realized that what we need to do here is implement a the patch locally in the message module, because Fago doesn't want it in the entity api itself.

hservaes9’s picture

Hello, same problem with locale module enabled and commons 3.1. If you have the same problem, the only solution is to disable locale module. Then, after modifications, reactivate locale module. No other solution for now ? Thanks.

albertosouza’s picture

Same problem in commons 3.3 rc 4 and the only way I found was to translate the language und ( none ) from my language

I think we need a fix here

ezra-g’s picture

Issue tags: +Commons 7.x-3.4 radar

Adding this issue to the 3.4 radar.

Devin Carlson’s picture

Status: Active » Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

I'm not seeing the same behaviour as has been reported using earlier versions of Commons.

Can someone post the steps to reproduce this using a fresh install of Commons 3.3? :)

slowflyer’s picture

I'm currently working on a community updated from 3.2 to 3.3.
All messages are translated to locale languages, except "Commons Posts - Post Created" which has been added to 3.3.
I added translations for different languages to this message as I did with all other messages, but no matter what I do, it still displays the text for undefined language.

m.schwarzenberg’s picture

33.34 KB

Also an issue in Open Atrium which uses message module:

'Can't see nodetitles in recent activity' https://drupal.org/node/2036413#comment-7948655

RoySegall’s picture

Altough this is and old issue i managed to reproduce and found how to fix this. You can go to admin/config/system/message/text-copy and copy the current field value to other language.

Zatox’s picture

Steps 6 and 7 explain how to translate messages in Commons. Works fine for me with 3.4
No need to use Lingotek translation (steps 1 and 2) by the way. I used the good old locale module with l10n_update and it also works.

In simple, do as #9 says and then
Manualy 'edit' each message to manualy translate them. Image tutorial here: https://drupal.org/comment/7268112#comment-7268112

Thytane’s picture

Issue summary: View changes

With drupal commons 7.x-3.30, the problem with activity stream is always here.
The solution #10 works perfectly.

SocialNicheGuru’s picture

This is still happening. There is an issue between locale and the message module

niallmurphy-ie’s picture