Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
This page aims at describing setting up a site which uses OG and needs public nodes with public files and private nodes with private files.
- OG (7.x-1.x or later)
- Organic Groups
- Organic Groups access control
- File (Field) Paths (latest dev)
Adding the appropriate fields
- Add the Group Visibility field (group_content_access) to the content type (e.g. story)
- Set the Allowed values list to a private and public entry only
- Add a File field to the content type (e.g. story)
- Open the File (Field) Path Settings
- In the File path field, enter
- Set Active updating
- Set the Upload destination to Private files
. This is necessary to move a file from public to private or back, when the visibility changes.
Setting up the file system
- Set the file system to private
- Create folders on your file system with the exact names used in the textual section of the Allowed values list
- In the private folder, if not already there: put an .htaccess file with only the line
SetHandler This_is_a_Drupal_security_line_do_not_remove Deny from all