On my bi-lingual site, assigned taxonomy references get overridden when I edit and save a node.
Perhaps, my setup is wrong or I missed a necessary step. I want to apply a controlled, bi-lingual taxonomy to the bi-lingual content. Entities for nodes and taxonomy terms should only exist once, with labels in both languages. However, the issue can be reproduced in a basic setting:
Steps to reproduce
* install plain 7.19 Drupal
* drush en locale entity_translation title (download if necessary)
* add language German
* enable interface detection method user
* enable multilingual support with field translation for content type article
* add taxonomy terms to translateable entity types
* add permission "Translate entities of type Taxonomy term"
* edit content type article, manage fields, replace with field instance for title
* edit vocabulary tags, manage fields, replace with field instance for name and description
* login as administrator
* add article, set language to English, add tag "language" (saved as term/1)
* add German translation "sprache" for taxonomy term "language"
* translate article (add German title, don't touch the displayed tag "language")
* set user language preference to German
* view article (German title and tag are shown)
* edit article (change body, don't touch the displayed tag "sprache", and save)
* silently, a new term/2 "sprache" (original content English, not translated) has been saved, the reference to term/1 has been replaced with term/2