Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
I'm currently using plupload module version 7.x-1.0, and I'm using it in multilingual website (english, arabic) when I'm on the English interface everything is normal and working fine, but in the arabic interface, when I upload an image with arabic name (multibyte language) I got error about the file extension, and after tracing I found :
... $value = rtrim(basename($value), '.'); ...
in line 152, plupload.module, basename() is locale aware that mean that we have to tell it which language it should use before we call it, but here I tried the best solution for me here as I'm using translitration module, I just patched the module and moved transliteration_clean_filename() function to be before basename() call, the attached patch do this, please if there is better way to do this please inform me about it.