This seems related to a number of other issues I'm having, drush complains for example that modules are not enabled when they are.

I believe this is related to the profile definition. I've seen some related links:
The offending line of code is:
$requirements['update_core'] = _update_requirement_check($data['drupal'], 'core');

#5 update-drupal-1875386-5.patch719 bytesnedjo
Members fund testing for the Drupal project. Drupal Association Learn more


memoday’s picture

I am having the exact same problem after upgrading to rc7. Any ideas how this can be fixed please?

sonicthoughts’s picture

Glad that I'm not alone. Spent a few hours on this one!

sonicthoughts’s picture

A workaround (HACK) is to change ...modules/update/update.install line 35 from 'drupal' to 'openoutreach'

The real answer, I think, is to set "drupal" in place of openoutreach somewhere in the .profile file....

nedjo’s picture

Thanks for posting the issue and links.

In RC7 we introduced a patch cribbed from Commerce Kickstart that alters update information in #1852898: Filter update messages to show updates for security issues, customized modules/themes, or the distro itself. This issue may be related. Maybe we need to include an exception in our filtering, never removing the project 'drupal'.

nedjo’s picture

Status: Active » Needs review
719 bytes

@sonicthoughts or @memoday: got a moment to test the attached patch?

memoday’s picture

Thanks Nedjo for the patch. I applied it and it seems to be fine. Before that, I went to "admin/config/development/logging" and selected 'none' for "Error messages to display". I have enabled "Errors and warnings" now and I don't see the error. I hope this is it and the issue is gone. I will report back here if I come across this issue again.

nedjo’s picture

nedjo’s picture

Version: 7.x-1.0-rc7 » 7.x-1.x-dev
Status: Needs review » Fixed

Though I'd like to look more closely at the issue, I've gone ahead and applied this patch as it should be harmless and I need to get a new release out. Please reopen if the bug reappears with the next Open Outreach release (RC8).

Status: Fixed » Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

dbolser’s picture

I'm seeing this in 7.22