Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
For the overarching, we introduced a UI to browse blocks. This UI was only a partial implementation of the desired level of UX. We want to integrate this browser with the layout editor introduced by .
The problem this is trying to solve is the fact that in the SCOTCH initiative introduces the idea of being able to place blocks in different layouts. You will need a way to browse blocks, as there is no "disabled blocks" region anymore and the list of potential blocks could grow large.
- Search: You can search the table by using the search in the sidebar, which similar to tools like Gmail would dynamically filter the table.
- Categories: Part of our discussion in Component library, we decided that there should be a way to categorize blocks as the list could become unwieldy long and impossible to navigate for those who do not know exactly what they are looking for.
Add new block
- The "Add new block" button will lead to a UI similar to creating content, where you can select from the possible types of blocks you can create. Its likely other modules will add their types to this, by default it comes with "Custom block" and "Views".
- At the end of creating a block, you end up back on the layout editor
- Outline technical tasks.
- We will need to introduce a way to categorize blocks.