I have two exposed filters in the same view - both configured as links. When I click on a filter item, I get the following error:

An illegal choice has been detected. Please contact the site administrator.

If I remove one of the exposed filters or change it to another type (checkboxes, for example), the problem goes away.


CFE’s picture

I have sort of the same problem, also with the latest dev release 7.x.

In my setup I only have one filter for a view configered as checkboxes/radio buttons, and get the error everytime I select an option in the filter. However if I change the output to links or a select list the filter works without problems. If I change the filter from BEF to Basic it also work flawlessly.

Inspecting the code in the browser it becomes clear what's wrong BEF outputs:

<input type="checkbox" name="tid[]" id="edit-tid-10" value="Sponsor">

However the correct working code of the checkbox would be:

<input type="checkbox" name="tid[]" id="edit-tid-10" value="10">

The value-attribute was assigned the label of the checkbox rather than the correct filter value.

Nevermind, I found out that I had a js script on my site that apparently changed all value attributes of input fields, I removed that and now it's working fine again.

djsmacedo’s picture

I'm having same problem but with pagination when filters not applied.

mikeker’s picture

Status:Active» Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

It always helps to include an export of a simple View that reproduces the issue you're running into. Otherwise, very detailed steps to reproduce are a minimum for me to be able to work on an issue.


acdtrp’s picture

This is happening to my taxonomy/term view when I put a grouped filter for content title. I get the very same error.

mikeker’s picture

Issue summary:View changes
Status:Postponed (maintainer needs more info)» Closed (cannot reproduce)

Cleaning up the issue queue... Please feel free to open a new issue is this problem still exists in the latest -dev release. Also, include more detailed steps to reproduce the issue as there are a lot of modules and settings in play when working with exposed filters.