I strumbled on this bug lately:

If a reference field with the autocomplete widget enabled is set as required, it gives a "ReadyState: 0" error in a dialog window. If it's set unrequired, the error does not appear.

I have no knowledge at all about Ajax, but I suppose this should not happen normally.

Comments

Alex Andrascu’s picture

Version:7.x-2.0» 7.x-2.x-dev
Priority:Major» Minor
Status:Active» Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

I can't replicate this under Ubuntu 12.10 with Chrome and latest dev. Please provide more details (e.g. browser/OS versions)

Thanks.

Tran’s picture

I am getting the same error

An AJAX HTTP request terminated abnormally.
Debugging information follows.
Path: http://mysite.com/taxonomy/autocomplete/field_tag
ResponseText:
ReadyState: 4

Works fine in Firefox.
Not working in Chrome.

Also, it doesn't work when creating the document. It works fine when editing a document.

Tran’s picture

I am getting the same error

An AJAX HTTP request terminated abnormally.
Debugging information follows.
Path: http://mysite.com/taxonomy/autocomplete/field_tag
ResponseText:
ReadyState: 4

Works fine in Firefox.
Not working in Chrome.

Also, it doesn't work when creating the document. It works fine when editing a document.

Also, this began after I updated Drupal Core last week.

jenlampton’s picture

Issue summary:View changes

I'm also seeing the same problem on our Acquia hosting environment - live site, but not on test, dev, or my local.

I get the following error both when creating a node, and when editing a node.

An AJAX HTTP request terminated abnormally.
Debugging information follows.
Path: https://www.example.com/entityreference/autocomplete/single/field_name/node/article/6066
StatusText:
ResponseText:
ReadyState: 4

I also get a similar error in the "Authored by" field on the node so this may not be related to references module:

An AJAX HTTP request terminated abnormally.
Debugging information follows.
Path: https://www.example.com/user/autocomplete
StatusText:
ResponseText:
ReadyState: 4
jenlampton’s picture

My solution: The AJAX urls (see errors above) always started with https instead of http, but the pages I was on were http pages. This presented the problem. I checked settings.php and sure enough, the base_url started with https. Removing the S from base_url meant that AJAX did not try to prefix all its urls with https anymore, and so the error went away.

Not sure if this is the same problem others were having, but hopefully someone finds this hint useful.