After successfully setting up and testing an LDAP server and User configuration, I receive the following error message on the LDAP authorization page.

<code\>"organization tools user administrator"</code\> does not map to any existing organic groups and roles.Since automatic organic group creation is not possible with this module, an existing group must be mapped to.

All groups have been created and are mapped to existing organic groups. The group specified in the error message is always the same as the last mapped-group entry in the "Mapping of LDAP to OG group (one per line)" input box.

Apache httpd logs and syslog do not show any error messages or notices.

I'm attaching three files. One is the ldap_config.html that was suggested in the "Issue Reporting" section of the help module. The other two are html dumps of the server test and authorization configuration page. I've changed their extensions to .txt since .html files are not allowed to be attached.


og_group.txt300.74 KBmusicalvegan0
tests.txt318.26 KBmusicalvegan0
ldap_config.txt14.82 KBmusicalvegan0
Members fund testing for the Drupal project. Drupal Association Learn more


johnbarclay’s picture

Title: LDAP Authorization: Does not recognize existing groups » LDAP Authorization: Does not recognize existing og groups

Currently ldap authorization og is forked. When I get my code back in 7.x-2.0-dev I will be better able to debug this. Just to clarify are you using og 2 or og 1.5.

johnbarclay’s picture

Status: Active » Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

Can you try this against the current 7.x-2.x-dev code? See

musicalvegan0’s picture

I was using OG2. Unfortunately, I can no longer test this bug as I no longer require Organic Groups. Instead, I've decided to use the Drupal Roles authorization module.

In retrospect however, after reviewing my configuration files, there is a good chance I did not have OG configured correctly as I wasn't using the "ldap role|group-name=foo,role-name-bar" syntax.

Either way, I can't confirm that this ever was a bug to begin with. Suggesting the bug be "closed (cannot reproduce)."

johnbarclay’s picture

Status: Postponed (maintainer needs more info) » Closed (cannot reproduce)

Sounds good. That syntax was for og 7.x-1.5 and had to be changed to node:78:member or some such syntax for og 7.x-2.x. Thanks for following up on this; it helps keep the issue queue cleaner.