With a fresh install of Drupal 7.17 with Private Message enabled and the default theme, when an authenticated user writes in the TO field of the message form, the autocomplete box appears in a wrong position (see attached image). The problem does not occur for the administrator. This issue seems to exist also in 7.x-1.3
Tested in both Windows and Linux with Apache and PHP 5.3.10

privatemsg.png32.88 KBplessas
Members fund testing for the Drupal project. Drupal Association Learn more


plessas’s picture

It is strange but suddenly the autocomplete box appears in its normal position. I don't know if it is relevant but i have installed and enabled several other modules.

ptmkenny’s picture

Status: Active » Closed (cannot reproduce)

Did you clear the cache after installing the module? Feel free to re-open if the issue is still occurring.

OpsTao’s picture

Status: Closed (cannot reproduce) » Needs work

I have the same type of problem (occurs for authenticated user but not for admin), except in my case it's displaced down and to the right, by approx. same distance as shown in your screenshot. Cleared cache twice, logged authenticated user out and logged back in, but it persists. I have seen this problem appear, then disappear but haven't seen a logical connection to explain it.

ptmkenny’s picture

Status: Needs work » Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

Ok then, the next thing to do is to find a way to reproduce this bug and write down step-by-step instructions for doing so. Hopefully someone out there experiencing the bug can find out how to get it to malfunction consistently.

samaphp’s picture

Issue summary: View changes

Try to turn off the jQuery update module if it's enabled ! .. it worked for me.
That's because the auto-complete box is set by jQuery code.

Guido Forks’s picture

I added position:relative to .form-item in my administration theme CSS (in my case Bartik) to fix this

ptmkenny’s picture

Status: Postponed (maintainer needs more info) » Needs work
info@mixel.be’s picture

Seems the problem still exist, my box was also floating lower. The problem arose after I've been trying to implement my custom made autocomplete function ... hopefully that helps.

Amjad_dokhan’s picture

I had the same problem, the solution by Phil worked nicely for me. Thanks !