Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Unfortunately there are too many modules that provide CAPTCHA-free spam protection. Some of them look like deprecated, some - have even more than BOTCHA number of installations. It would be nice if we could join the forces - and work together on a single project. "Collaboration, not competition", as you know.
Here you are a list of similar projects, that I am going to merge into BOTCHA:
- JS Validate Forms (http://drupal.org/project/js_validate_forms):
- Uncaptchalous (http://drupal.org/project/uncaptchalous):
- Captcha-free (http://drupal.org/project/captcha-free):
- Honeypot (http://drupal.org/project/honeypot):
- Spamicide (http://drupal.org/project/spamicide):
- Hidden Captcha (http://drupal.org/project/hidden_captcha):
- Badbot (https://drupal.org/project/badbot):
I also liked (as ideas for new recipes and new functionality to implement):