Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Steps to repeat:
1. Install metatag, locale, content translation, i18n_variable
2. Add a language (eg. italian)
3. Enable translation for a content type (eg. page)
4. Add a node in default language (eg. english)
5. Translate this node
6. In admin/config/regional/i18n/variable enable "Default front page" as multilingual variable.
7. In admin/config/system/site-information set "Site name" and "Site slogan" for english version. Set the previous created english node as "Default front page".
8. Again in admin/config/system/site-information set "Site name" and "Site slogan" for italian version. Set the translation of english front page as "Default front page".
9. In admin/config/search/metatags/config/global:frontpage set [site:name] - [site:slogan] as Page title.
10. Go to site front page and change the language.
The page title changes per language.
The page title has always the same value.