If your database has a hyphen(-) in it, please make sureis resolved before reporting any new issues.
In order to upgrade Organic Groups from Drupal 6 or from OG 7.x-1.x to 7.x-2.x, the following modules must be installed and enabled:
- Migrate 7.x-2.5, including the UI
(newer versions not working for the time being, see comments)
- Entity API
- Entity Reference
- *if using OG UI* VBO
Once the required modules have been enabled
- Make a backup of both your files and database.
- Download the latest version of OG 7.x-2.x (this can done via drush or ftp).
- Run update.php. If you're unsure what this means, go to the following URL and follow the instructions:
After running the update script, you may get the message "The content access permissions need to be rebuilt. Rebuild permissions." Wait to rebuild permissions until after running the migrate scripts.
- Navigate to:
- You should see the migrates that are still pending:
- Check All of the new Migrate Classes for OG, select Import, then click on Execute.
- You should now see information regarding how many records were updated and when:
- If some of your items are not migrated over, or there is an issue after migrating, try the latest dev version of OG. You can also look at:
- Once you are happy your migration is complete you are free to delete the now deprecated `og` table per