TinyBox is a powerful module but it is very simple to create a Splash Screen.
Splash Screen from Certain Node
Every node in Drupal has a unique ID called: NID (Node ID). Create a new content/node, and after you save the content you will see the node id on the edit tab. Suppose your nid is 100 then:
- On the TinyBox Configuration page, set Source = NID
- Enter Source Value = 100
Splash Screen from Content Type
- On the TinyBox Configuration page, set Source = Content Type
- Suppose your content type machine name is: article. Enter Source Value = article
When you are using the Content Type source, TinyBox only reads the last published node.
Splash Screen from Views
- On the TinyBox Configuration page, set Source = Views
- Suppose your Views name is: splash1. Enter Source Value = splash1
Since TinyBox supports Views, the sky is the limit. You can make random Splash Screens by sorting on random variables in Views. You can also make Splash Screen from several content types, etc.