I've been tearing my hair out over this for several days, checking and rechecking everything.
In short, slideshow views no longer work for anonymous users. I don't know how long this has been the case, but originally when created, they showed for all users, logged in or not. I got a report that they were no longer visible unless you were logged in, and checked. Sure enough. Gone.
I have checked every single permission under roles.
I have checked the permissions for the view in question (Access in the view editor).
I have tried setting no permissions for the view (set Access in the view editor),
I have tried choosing all roles in the view access editor
I have deleted and completely rebuilt the view.
The content being referenced is all published, public and does not require authentication - i have tested anonymous access to each and every item referenced. They all work.
I've cleared every cache
I've disabled caching
I've rebuilt permissions
In short, I've tried every single suggestion I could find, and nothing works except...
I HAVE managed to get the view title and navigation to appear for anonymous users by setting 'Disable SQL Rewriting' under the view advanced settings area, but that's it.
It simply will not display the slideshow for anonymous users.
As near as I can tell, this only started AFTER a core upgrade between 7.15 and 7.16 if that sheds any light on it.
So, I'm stumped, and the slideshow is a major part of my frontpage. If anyone can think of anything I haven't tried, lay it on me. I'm completely stuck.
Near as I can tell, the trouble started after
I am completely stumped.