This toolbar is great. Does it work outside of the spark distribution? I've added this module to a standard Drupal install, and getting strange results. I'm using an omega theme, but it happens if I switch to the bartik theme too. Is there a module that I missed, that I should install? Or, any ideas what is causing this behaviour?


Navbar Problem


meba’s picture

I am having this problem as well.

meba’s picture

(I am trying to use Ember with Navbar on a non Spark site)

sylus’s picture

Do you have jquery update installed and using v1.7? I believe that is a requirement.

mixxmac’s picture

Version:7.x-1.x-dev» 7.x-1.0-alpha3
new26.1 KB

Hi... Yes, this happens with jquery_update installed.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Install Drupal 7.16
2) Install navbar 7.x-1.0-alpha3 (or dev)
3) Install jquery_update 7.x-2.2 (or dev)
4) Enable navbar & jquery_update, disable toolbar

mixxmac’s picture

Status:Active» Closed (works as designed)

Actually, jquery_update was installed, but I found out that you need to use jquery_update 7.x-2.x-dev, and then change the version of jQuery to 1.8 at admin/config/development/jquery_update. Version 1.7 almost works, but the problem still flashes during page refreshes. jQuery 1.8 fixes it.

Thanks for your help!

sylus’s picture

Status:Closed (works as designed)» Active

You are correct that the problem still flashes using jQuery 1.7.

Re-opening the issue as I believe navbar is supposed to work with jQuery v1.7 and the flash should not happen using that version.

mixxmac’s picture

Ya... I had to switch back to 1.7, because 1.8 broke other things: dragging on admin/dashboard, and the drop-down data selectors in rules, and the ability to filter lists like the field chooser pop-ups in views, etc.

pjcdawkins’s picture

new14.41 KB

It's working fine for me with jQuery 1.7.

I've attached a screenshot of the error you get with jQuery 1.5 - it refers to the "on()" method which was only added in 1.7.

sylus’s picture

It still has problems in 1.7 during transitions as mentioned in #6.

mpotter’s picture

Status:Active» Needs review

Not sure if this is the problem or not, but while debugging some similar problems with Navbar I discovered that in the navbar.tpl.php template, the HTML opens with the tag, but closes with a

instead of

I'd do a patch, but this is pretty trivial to fix manually. This was messing up the IPE toolbar at the bottom of Panelizer pages. If this isn't related to the original post, feel free to move it to a new Issue ticket.

Kingdutch’s picture

Cross-referencing #1876416: Major problems on fairly vanilla Drupal 7.18 as possible duplicate here because I added some info there.

hass’s picture

Version:7.x-1.0-alpha3» 7.x-1.0-alpha4
Status:Needs review» Fixed

Fixed in alpha4 or no longer reproducible.

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.