Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
I see that Michelle requested that questions be placed in a separate "issue" in the forum. See Comment #2 Why doesn't there seem to be a "Questions" issue then? No one has ever had any questions? That seems rather strange and unlikely.
Here are my questions as a newbie to Drupal... I've looked at the standard Drupal forum somewhat and was not too thrilled. I have seen many websites with more functional looking forums. Now I am looking at this Advanced-Forums module, but still I don't see what I am looking for. Here are some questions I have:
1. In a very active forum the message threads can get very long. It is better to be able to minimize messages to just a vertically-efficient header or summary. If you want to read the messages you can click on "expand all" or click on individual messages to expand them.
2. I definitely want posted messages to be called "posts" or "messages" and not "comments." How can I change that?
3. Some users prefer to "subscribe" and participate in a forum via e-mail. What about that?
4. I want moderators to be able to move messages or threads if they are posted in the wrong place. Is that possible?
5. I want the top level forum categories to be fixed by admin-role users. No ordinary user should be able to add a new forum category. How is that done?
Now, maybe some of these features already exist and I, as a new Drupal user just haven't found them yet. I am trying to come up to speed on Drupal, but it is a struggle when so many features are things I don't care about or don't understand.